Monday, December 28, 2009

Tuna Noodle Casserole


Let me just start out by saying I'm *not* a huge tuna person. I know a lot of people love it and can eat it all the time... but I'm just not one of those people. I'll eat it very occasionally on a salad, and will only have it as a sandwich if it's my pesto tuna salad. But that's pretty much about it.

For some strange reason though I decided I wanted to find a good tuna noodle casserole recipe to try. I don't think I've ever had one in my adult life, and I honestly am not even sure if I had it as a kid. But this recipe I found at www.allrecipes.com is soooo good! It's been a while since I've had a meal so tasty. And it made a ton! I wasn't sure the leftovers would taste as good as the first night, but they actually did.

Ingredients

  • 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
  • 3 cups shredded American cheese
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
  • 1 pinch paprika

Directions

  1. In a large pot with boiling salted water cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain.
  2. In a large bowl combine the cooked egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup, evaporated milk, tuna, grated American cheese, and chopped onion. Pour into a greased 1.5 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle the top with the crumbled potato chips and the paprika.
  3. Bake in a preheated 425 degree F (220 degree C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 659 | Total Fat: 31.3g | Cholesterol: 139mg


Granted this isn't the healthiest recipe, but it's okay to splurge every now and again. :) Also this was great as is. I didn't really change a whole lot, except that I sauteeed my onion and used a little goya seasoning when doing so. Also I used kettle cooked chips for a little more crunch. YUM!

2 comments:

  1. I can't try this recipe...I don't like tuna that is warm...lol

    Glad you found a good one though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuna,,,is a a really good imune booster! You should eat it more often! YuMMi!! Luv the way your casserole looks!!

    ReplyDelete