Sunday, December 27, 2009

#18 Go ice skating




I love the holiday season for so many reasons. One of them would have to be the fact that the outlet center sets up their awesome ice skating rink. It's big, outdoor, and decorated for Christmas. They even have Christmas music playing over the speakers to really put you in the holiday spirit.

Last year was my first time ever ice skating. It was fun, but also a little scary. I didn't have any health insurance and was super paranoid about falling and breaking something. So I basically spent the majority of the time close to the wall of the rink for support. Not this time though. The scariest part is when you first get onto the ice. But after that you start to get used to it and it becomes like second nature. The biggest tricks that I learned are to keep moving...lol... when people start to stop for whatever reason they tend to fall. Also avoid the rockets-aka little kids. They seem to have no fear and will just shoot out in front of you. :)

I must say I absolutely love ice skating. I think it is for sure the best form of winter exercise. If only I had my very own ice skating rink....

2 comments:

  1. Goooooood GoiN, U look LiKe a ReaL Pro,,,So GreaT 2 C-U BeiNg Sooooo HaPPi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute. I'm jealous. But, I will definitely be posting some ice skating pictures on facebook!

    ReplyDelete