Friday, December 4, 2009

Arrivederci...

Is Italian. Not French. I still don't know how or why I ever thought it was. But it was a restaurant I had been meaning to try. It's not a huge chain brand or anything, but they do have two other locations in San Diego. They recently opened up their newest by our house in a shopping center that Rick and I frequent. Every time we passed by I always commented on it. It always seemed to be filled with people, which is always a good sign.

So the other night Rick surprised me and said we were going to dinner there. I was excited and knew that it would count towards my blog so I packed my camera. Unfortunately we were seated in the middle of the small restaurant, and although it wasn't terribly crowded, I still didn't want to be that girl. So in my purse my camera remained :(

We decided to start with a calamari appetizer. Which was tasty, but really wasn't necessary, as we were also served warm bread with sauce. The bread was yummy, and the sauce had some heat to it which I always love.

We then shared an entree of Mezzelune all'Aragosta, which is half-moon shaped ravioli, filled with lobster in a saffron cream sauce. I loved that they brought it to us already split up. It wasn't the typical pasta dish that I'd normally order at an Italian place. The pasta itself was very good, and the saffron cream sauce just put it over the top. Had I not filled up on Calamari and soda I would have been like Rick and dipped some of that bread in the sauce too!

All in all it was a good little place. We were very pleased with the meal, and are glad that we tried it out, however we already have a little Italian place here that we go to and will probably remain loyal to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment