Tuesday, December 29, 2009

#90 See a Movie Alone

This was an interesting task to complete on my list. Not necessarily a hard one, but one that does make a person slightly uncomfortable by putting you outside of your "comfort zone". But sometimes that is a necessary part of life. I think it's good to do things that cause a bit of discomfort every now and again. I'd like to think that it helps you grow as a person.

So I decided that today would be the perfect day to go see a movie all by myself. I've been wanting to watch New Moon again, I'm only working halfdays this week, and today was $5 Tuesday at the local movie theater in town. Everything just came together perfectly. I figured the theater would be empty and that would make this a little easier being that it was an early afternoon showing in the middle of the week.... well not so much. It was actually a pretty popular idea I suppose. It took me a good bit of time to find parking, and once I bought my ticket and soda I walked to my theater hoping that all the people were seeing the new releases. I walked into the theater for New Moon and was shocked by how packed it was.

Once I got settled into my seat though everything was fine. It did feel a little awkward trying to find a seat alone. It's always easier to have Rick with me, holding the snacks and leading the way. But at least I had no problem finding a seat for one. Overall it was a good experience. I'm glad I can say that I've seen a movie alone. Although I honestly wouldn't have ever done it if it wasn't for setting it as a goal on here.

2 comments:

  1. I still have not seen that movie, lol. Maybe I'll go see it by myself when the kids and Kevin go back to school and work full time.

    Glad you went, I don't mind eating out alone, not sure I'd want to go see a movie alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo, Proud of the way You are handling your life!! Meeting challenges and not being afraid to do so!! I would have gone to See the Movie with you, but I Have a problem keeping Secrets and ENdings!!! :)

    ReplyDelete