Friday, December 18, 2009

Our chili dinner


was supposed to be an ugly Christmas sweater get together as well. Guess that's a pretty popular theme though because the thrift stores seemed to be sold out of ugly Christmas sweaters. hehe... so Rick settled on wearing just an ugly sweater, and I wore a Christmas top (although it was huge on me!) I figure that the combination of the two turns into an ugly Christmas sweater right?! ;)

Anyways, we had a few close friends over to celebrate the holidays with us and to enjoy a yummy chili dinner. I served my pumpkin turkey chili (which I posted previously) and a spicy chili. My friend Jaimie and her hubby provided some cornbread and yummy dip. There were also tons of sweets and drinks to go around. After enjoying the yummy food we played a quick game of apples to apples, some guitar hero, and texas hold em.

It was a fun evening filled with friendship and laughter and we felt so blessed to be able to do something with our friends to celebrate our first Christmas as Mr. and Mrs. and in our very first home.

No comments:

Post a Comment