Friday, October 16, 2009

Tennis anyone???

Rick and I moved into our condo this spring, and ever since he's always wanted us to take advantage of the tennis courts in our little community. I played tennis for a few months in high school for my p.e. class, but other than that I've had no experience with the game. I kept putting it off, and putting it off. We'd decide in the morning that today would be the day we'd play, but by days end I'd have an excuse.

However thanks to my handy list I was inspired to make plans with my hubby and to keep them. So once a week we'd play tennis. It'd be after a long day of work, and I gotta admit that there was a time or two that I for sure didn't feel like playing. But my list kept me motivated, and I'd suck it up and play.

I love it. Sure, I'm not that good still. Although I have improved since we first started. I actually can make contact with the ball now...lol... and Rick and I can volley back and forth for a few minutes. I definitely have a long way to go, but like the saying goes "practice makes perfect". Even though this is one more task completed off of my list, I feel strongly that this will be a new hobby for Rick and me. While we may not play every week I am sure we will be getting much more use out of those tennis courts than we would have before. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment