Saturday, October 10, 2009

#99 Coach Sunglasses!!!!

So I've never been one who is really into labels. I usually don't treat myself to anything super crazy, usually a book or clothes from forever 21. But I thought it'd be fun to splurge a bit and get myself a nice pair of Coach sunglasses. I've NEVER spent a lot of money on sunglasses in the past. Usually just a cheap pair from the mall. The last pair of sunglasses I had my mom gave to me. I'm not sure where she got them from, but I loved them. However they broke in my backpack on our way home from our honeymoon (I guess I should count my blessings and be glad that they did not break on our trip there!).

Over the summer Rick and I went to the Coach outlet with my parents before lunch. I was just browsing and spotted a really cute pair that were just my style (they had pink rhinestones!). It was love at first sight. Unfortunately they were close to $100 and I just didn't have the money for it. It was a bit of a struggle for me. I used to just whip out a credit card like it was nothing. But since Rick and I have been together I have completely turned those old habits around. We don't use credit cards (and the balances I did have are all paid off! Woo Hoo!!!), if there is something that we want we save for it and pay for it in cash. So with a bit of a pout face I walked out of the store and said goodbye to those fabulous shades.

Fast forward to now... I've saved my "blow fund" (which is essentially our "allowance" that we get each paycheck to blow on whatever we'd like) for a whole month. As we made the trip to the outlet I couldn't help but wonder if they'd still be there. I actually started planning for what I'd spend my money on if they weren't so that I wouldn't be too disappointed. So we walk into the store, and I head directly to where the table was at. And there they were! My cute sunglasses...waiting for me... and ON SALE! I got them for a steal at $79 plus tax. They came with a nice case as well, and I'll for sure make good use of it to keep them safe. It just goes to show that there is nothing wrong with a little patience. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excired for you...plus you know how I love a good deal. It make them even better. Just remember what I said-Always keep them in the case. YAY Celeste!

    ReplyDelete