Sunday, October 4, 2009

Spicy Orange Beef

One of my favorite things on my list is to try 15 new recipes. This won't be too hard for me, as I usually make at least one new recipe a month. I am looking to try things though that are a little bit out of the norm for me...one day I hope to even attempt sushi!

I found a recipe at www.allrecipes.com (which is the BEST place to find recipes online, in my opinion) for Spicy Orange Beef. I made this yesterday for dinner and it was actually very tasty. The only adjustments I made were to not use orange zest (it's already in the orange marmalade) and to add frozen brocolli and fresh carrots to the beef mixture. I served it over brown rice. Yum! I'd easily rate this recipe 4 out of 5.





INGREDIENTS

  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 pound round steak, cut into thin strips on the diagonal
  • 1/4 cup orange peel, cut into slivers
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup sherry
  • 1/4 cup orange marmalade
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a wok or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef strips 1/3 at a time. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until browned, removing the done pieces to a plate lined with paper towels.
  2. Return all the beef to the wok. Stir in orange peel, garlic, and ginger; stir-fry 1 minute.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sherry, marmalade, and red pepper. Pour this mixture into the beef, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 1 minute. Serve hot.

Nutritional Information
Spicy Orange Beef

Servings Per Recipe: 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 397

  • Total Fat: 22.3g
  • Cholesterol: 73mg
  • Sodium: 1276mg
  • Total Carbs: 22.8g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1g
  • Protein: 24.7g

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm, YuMMi!!! Babie You really made me hungry!! Just like your cookies!! When did you say you wanted us over for dinner???? :)

    ReplyDelete