Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Ugly Truth


When making "my list" I came up with most of my tasks on my own. I did however look through a few other 101 in 1001 blogs to get some ideas to fill in the gaps. When I stumbled upon the "watch 5 chick flicks I've never seen before" I thought it was a great one. Although I'm very into movies (I have a good size dvd collection, after having a habit of always buying dvds--even if I hadn't ever seen the movie. I'm proud to say that netflix has cured that issue, and saved me a ton of money! lol) there are a lot of "classic" chick flicks I've never seen, like pretty woman or beaches. So that was my initial thoughts process, to stretch myself a bit and see some older chick flicks and to not include any newer ones in here.

Well, I just got done watching the Ugly Truth with my husband and I honestly have not enjoyed a chick flick that much in a while. Maybe it was because Katherine Heigl has been one of my favorite actresses since Grey's Anatomy came out. Or maybe because Gerard Butler has not only impressed me with his looks (300) but also by starring in another of my favorite chick flicks (P.S. I Love You). Hmmm... probably a combination of the two? The movie was the perfect balance of everything: adult humor without being overly raunchy, goofy, smart, sweet, and it actually made me laugh out loud. It'd be wrong to ignore a movie as great as this, it is very much deserving of a spot on my list.

I haven't bought a dvd in a LONG time. This one is a must buy for me, and I already told Rick I'm adding it to my Christmas wish list.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I really liked this movie too
    :)
    ~Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  2. WuuuuHuuuuu!!! MiSS C....U ReaLLie KnoW HoW to EnJoY YoUr LiFe!! GooD 4-U and The MaN!!! :)

    ReplyDelete