Thursday, November 19, 2009

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone

I'm not sure what's taken me so long to try out the Harry Potter series. You'd think with as much as I love to read that I would have gotten into it a long time ago. But it just never really caught my attention. Plus I sometimes get weary of books that have so much hype around them, for fear that they can never live up to it. But after hearing so many great things about the books, I figured why not give it a go.

I gotta admit I was a little scared when I first started it. It seemed very "young" even for a young adult book. But I remembered hearing from others that the books seem to grow as Harry does. So I pushed all that out of my mind and tried to just have fun with it and enjoy the book for what it was.

I just finished today during lunch, and I actually can't believe just how much I enjoyed it. It was fun, it kept me on my toes, and the main characters are all very likable in their own way. Oh and I never saw the ending coming! Which is always a pleasant surprise.

I will say though, the book made me kind of hungry! It seemed like they were always eating something. And I can now say that I know the reasoning behind those nasty jelly belly beans I once tried with a friend. (ewwww!) LOL

1 comment:

  1. Your love of the books will soar as you go. They really do get older in content as Harry does. I won't tell you my favorite character for fear of instilling bias. ;)

    ReplyDelete