Saturday, November 14, 2009

May the stars watch over you...

When I first picked up Brisingr a few weeks ago I thought that I was starting the last book in the Inheritance (or Eragon) series. I thought it'd be one more task for me to check off of my list... however after finishing the book I discovered to my surprise and delight that the story continues.

I can't decide which book I liked best so far of the three. I had originally read Eragon a few years ago, and while I enjoyed it I didn't give much thought to finishing the series. However Rick and I had a long car trip back in September, we were looking for a long book to enjoy, and I knew he'd love Eragon. After listening to the book my interest in the series was renewed. I jumped back into it and devoured Eldest. Although it was a bit slow at times due to the character development I enjoyed it a lot. There were so many twists and turns that I didn't see coming!

As soon as I finished that I headed to Borders with a great coupon and bought Brisingr. Again the book started out a little slow, there is just sooo much to the story! But again, it was amazing! There were some new devlopments which completely shocked me. And towards the end of the book I actually found myself crying. I don't do that often with books, but it is always a sign to me of a truly amazing book.

I now have my husband reading Eldest, and I can't wait til he is done with it so we can chat about it. And I know he's dying to read Brisingr so that he can find out what happened that made me cry.

This is the second time I've had to wait for a book in a series. I've never had that issue until this year when I read Hunger Games/Catching Fire... and I now find myself in that same sitaution. It's going to be hard to be patient and await this next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment