Thursday, February 18, 2010

#51 Buy a Couple's Devotional



Buying a couple's devotional has been something that Rick and I have been meaning to do for a while. Our faith is such a huge part of our lives. I know that Rick's faith was something that really attracted me to him. Even though we aren't the same religion we are both Christian and have found a way to embrace each others churches. Our core beliefs and values are very much the same so it makes it pretty easy.

For me as a Catholic Lent is very important and something that I've observed all my life. With Rick being Nazarene it isn't observed in the same way, but his pastor was very encouraging with her church to take part in it. So we made the commitment to each other and to God to buy and read a couple's devotional. We started last night and will continue to read this every night until Easter and hopefully even after that.

There were so many devotionals to choose from in the Christian bookstore. Actually there were so many books in general. I couldn't help but get distracted with my huge love for books. I found so many that caught my eye that we signed up for their coupons so that I can go back and do some serious shopping.

2 comments:

  1. Check out...

    http://mrsmessi.blogspot.com/2010/02/happy-101.html

    I gave you a Happy 101 award :)

    PS I'm Catholic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So inspiring to read how well grounded the both of you are! Meeting life challenges as a couple will be a 4-ever lasting Union!!

    ReplyDelete