Saturday, July 10, 2010

52. Match 50% of my current savings and put it into savings

Rick and I have been in a bit of a savings kick lately. Especially with the fact that I won't be working much longer we've been trying more than ever to really get that nice cushion built up in our emergency fund. My last few paychecks I've managed to put any extra money after bills into savings, and Rick has also set up an automatic allotment from his paycheck to go into our savings. Because of these efforts we've not only matched what was in our there, but have exceeded that goal :)

I've always gotten that "high" from shopping, but who knew I could get it from saving too???

3 comments:

  1. So very happy to see that you are so grown up and mature!! Ok!! Rick, too!! We are super proud of you both, and only have one question for you...can we borrow some money, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go! that is a huge goal, you should be so proud of being able to do it.
    I agree- it's a great high from saving money!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goals are a great challenge, but even greater than the challenge is the achiever, so Proud of U & Rick!!

    ReplyDelete